CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Caved!

I finally gave in and agreed to let the boys do Little Athletics. We had to be there at 8:30am and it didnt finish till 1pm. It was bring a friend day so they wouldn't let me register them. I'm a bit annoyed cos that means there times don't count and Caleb came 3rd in the 800 metres. He also signed up for they relay team which means we will have to travel for him to compete. Sometimes I worry bout this child LOL he just doesn't stop. On Thursday he ran from Jyes kinder to home. I agreed cos I really didn't think he'd do it. It's about 3 - 4 kms and he ran the whole way! He then wanted to run back, I said no so he asked if he could run to school and back it's about a 5 min walk at the end of our street. He also played cricket on Friday night for 3 hrs and still got up at 7am to go to athletics. He bowled the teams first wicket and won a voucher from Apco.
Very proud of Jye yesterday for a child that is lucky to walk to the car and EVERYTHING is an effort he ran the 70m then the 100m. He is in the under 6 age group and they are so cute doing all their events. I didn't think he'd do it to be honest but he is all keen to go again next week. So we will see. Will take photos next week when I am allowed to buy them their t-shirts.

4 comments:

ros said...

ur so lucky. ive have tried so often to get my ds into different sports, soccer, basketball, little aths etc... but he gives he loses interest. little aths i so wanted him to do but after about 6 weeks of his whinging (and some slight bullying from the more athletic kids) i gave up. finally came to the realisation that not all boys are sports minded and he is who he is. good on him for being so driven nicole! love it

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ros said...

hi nicole, uve been tagged. details r on my blog

peachy said...

um guess what...i tagged u to